Höljerudsforsarna Fishing area
A popular fishing area south of the Bengtsfors center and a part of the Dalslands kanal.
Höljerudsforsen has one of the richest trout occurrences in central Sweden. If it is not too warm, you can often see fishermen on the rapids. The fishing area is between Bengtsbroholmen and Lake Laxsjön along Dalsland’s canal and is located in a nature reserve.
- Area: Höljerudsforsarna north of the railway bridge at the 20th lock and Billingsfors.
- Fish species: brown trou, rainbow, perch, roach, vendance
- Fishing periods 14/5-30/8!
- Fishing license must be purchased.
- An inspection fee of 4000 SEK levied on unauthorized fishing according to § LOFO
- Abuse of rules can lead to police notifications, confiscation of equipment, and a lifetime shutdown in the fishingarea.
- Max 6 cards on Monday and Wednesday 2 fishing cards per days.
- Thursday & Sunday fishing only for members!
- Catch and release (catch and release!).
- Single hook (preferably no drip).
- Only one rod per person.
- Hook the fish carefully, preferably in the water to avoid damage. Release the fish carefully!
- Braided ropes are forbidden! (e.g., fireline).
- All fish caught must be reported: length, weight and date. A report is available in the box at the 20th lock.
- Grilling may only carried out in the official fire pits.
- Please note that the Dalsland channel fishing license and the municipality card do not apply here!
- Padding prohibited until 14/5.
You can buy a fishing license here